- Ph.D., University of Arizona, 1992.
- M.S., University of Arizona, 1977.
Dr. Davalos currently teaches the Operations Management, Introduction to Computing Technology, and Financial Modeling with VBA and Excel courses. Prior to joining the UW-T faculty, he taught at Portland State University, University of the Virgin Islands, and University of Portland.
Information Systems - Organizational and Management, Application of machine learning and evolutionary computing
- DAVALOS, S, Leng, F., Feroz, E., , Cao, Z. Designing an if-then Rules Based Ensemble of Heterogeneous Bankruptcy Classifiers: A Genetic Algorithm Approach. Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management. (accepted for publication April 2014).
- Software Testing Cost Reduction With Genetic Algorithms and Neural Networks. A. Watkins, SERGIO DAVALOS. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT). (2014) March 2014.
- Cao, Z., Leng, F., Feroz, E., DAVALOS, S. Corporate Governance and Default Risk of Firms Cited in the SEC's Accounting and Auditing Enforcement Releases. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting (accepted for publication Summer 2013).
- Multi-agent simulation study to identify and assess factors contributing to individual entrepreneurial development, A. Watkins, SERGIO DAVALOS. Journal of Nature Inspired Business Applications. (2013) Spring 2013.
- Leng, F., Feroz, E., DAVALOS, S, Cao, Z. The Long-Term Performance and Failure Risk of Firms Cited in the SEC’s Accounting and Auditing Enforcement Releases. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting. July 2011.
- Gritta, R., SERGIO DAVALOS. (2010). A neural network approach to forecasting large and. medium regional U.S. air carrier financial stress and bankruptcy. Journal of NeuroPsychoEconomics. Association for NeuroPsychoEconomics. Washington, DC. Washington, DC.
- Bankruptcy classification of firms investigated by the US Securities and Exchange Commission: an evolutionary adaptive ensemble model approach. SERGIO DAVALOS, Fei Leng, Ehsan Feroz, Zhiyan, Cao. International Journal of Applied Decision Sciences, November 2009.
- Legacy to Web Migration: Service-Oriented Software Reengineering (SOSR) Methodology, (2008) Sam Chung, SERGIO DAVALOS, Joseph Byung Chul An, Katsumi Iwahara, Special Issue Invitation - International Journal of Service Sciences (Invited paper) December 2008.
- Genetic Algorithm in Deriving Rules for Forecasting Air Carrier Financial Stress and Insolvency. SERGIO DAVALOS, Richard D. Gritta, & Bahram Adrangi. Journal of the Transportation Research Forum. 2007 (Summer 2007)
- Toward Next Generation Distributed Business Information Systems: Five Inherent Capabilities of Service-Oriented Computing. Sam Chung and SERGIO DAVALOS (2006). IPSI BgD Transactions on Internet Research. V. 2. No. 1. New York, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Belgrade: IPSI BgD Internet Research Society. pp. 9 – 15. (ISSN 1820-4503, 7 pages)
- A Review of Air Carrier Bankruptcy Forecasting Methodologies and Directions for Future Research Richard D. Gritta, Ph.D., Bahram Adrangi, Ph.D., Sergio Davalos, Ph.D. & Don Bright. The Credit and Financial Management Review. Third Quarter Vol 12 (3), June 2006
- Extending a UDDI Registry with Recursive Service-Oriented Architecture: A Service-Oriented UDDI Registry. Sam Chung, SERGIO DAVALOS, and Amandeep Saini, GESTS International Transactions on Computer Science and Engineering. 2005. Vol. 21. No. 1. pp. 125 – 146. America, Canada, China, and Korea: GESTS Publishing Team (Invited, Selected as the best of paper this month) (ISBN 89-953729-5-8, 22 pages)
- DAVALOS, S., Richard D. Gritta, Bahram Adrangi, and Jason Goodfriend. (2005) The Use of a Genetic Algorithm in Forecasting Air Carrier Financial Stress and Insolvency. The Credit and Financial Management Review, 2005 Third Quarter, Vol. 11 (2).
- Chung, S., Lai Hong Tang, and SERGIO DAVALOS. (2004) A Web Service Oritented Integration Approach for Enterprise and Business-to-Business Applications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3306 Web Information Systems - WISE 2004, pp. 510-515.
- Goodfriend, J., Richard D. Gritta, Bahram Adrangi, and SERGIO DAVALOS. Assessing the Financial Condition of the Major U.S. Passenger Airlines Over the 1993-2003 Using the P-Score and Z" Score Discriminant Models. The Credit and Financial Management Review, Fourth Quarter 2004, 10 (4), pp. 41-52.
- Gritta, R., Garland Chow, and SERGIO DAVALOS. Gauging the Financial Condition of the Major U.S. Air Carriers, Journal of Transportation Law, Logistic, and Policy, Fall 2003, Vol. 71, No. 1, pp. 116-122.
- Gritta, R., Garland Chow, and SERGIO DAVALOS. An Assessment of the Financial Condition of Large Regional U.S. Air Carriers Prior to September 11, 2001: A Back-Propagation Neural Network Approach to Forecastion Financial Stress. The Credit and Financial Manangement Review, National Association of Credit Managers, Second Quarter 2003, 9 (2), ppl 27-36.
- Gritta, R., Garland Chow, Narcus Wang and SERGIO DAVALOS. (2001). Small U.S. Air Carrier Financial Condition: A Back-Propagation Neural Network Approach to Forecastion Bankruptcy and Financial Stress. Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Spring 2002, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 109-122.
- Gritta, R., SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. Forecasting Small Air Carrier Bankruptcies Using a Neural Network Approach: A Preliminary Analysis Approach. Journal of Financial Managment and Analysis, January-June 2000, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 44-49.
- Gritta, R. SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. Air Carrier Financial Fitness: An Assessment Over the 1966-1996 Period. Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Spring 2000, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 171-181.
- Gritta, R., SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. The Application of A Neural Network Approach to Prediction Bankruptcy Risks Facing the Major U.S. Air Carriers: 1979-1996. Journal of Air Transportation Management, 1999, Vol. 5, pp. 81-86.
- Gritta, R., SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. Air Carrier Financial Fitness: An Assessment Over the 1966-1996 Period - A Preliminary Study, 40th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Forum Proceedings, October 1998.
Social Media User Generated Content
Bankruptcy Modeling with Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithm, and Ant Colony Optimization
- Bankruptcy Modeling with Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithm, and Ant Colony Optimization
- Multi-Agent Modeling for Entrepreneurial Decision Making
- Multi-Agent Modeling for Resource Search and Coordination
- Multi-Agent Simulation of Competition and Cooperation
- Service Oriented Computing for Business Processes
- Next Generation Business Process Modeling
- Financial Stress Prediction - A Genetic Algorithm Approach
- Multi-Agent Simulation of Coopetition
- Association of Information Systems (AIS)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Co-Chair ISRM (2004)